- Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:1-2
- Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus Hymn is a Free PowerPoint Worship Song about trusting Jesus in every circumstances happening in our lives.
- You may consider to add Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus Hymn in your repertoire or worship line-up if the themes are about Abandonment, Encouragement, Faith, Peace, Promises
O soul, are you weary and troubled?
No light in the darkness you see?
There’s light for a look at the Savior,
And life more abundant and free!
Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.
Through death into life everlasting
He passed, and we follow Him there;
O’er us sin no more hath dominion—
For more than conqu’rors we are!
His Word shall not fail you—He promised;
Believe Him, and all will be well:
Then go to a world that is dying,
His perfect salvation to tell!
Words and Music by Helen H. Lemmel (1864-1961) © Public Domain
The Story Behind Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus
Lemmel, Helen Howarth, 1864-1961
Born: November 14, 1863, Wardle, England.
Died: November 1, 1961, at her home in Seattle, Washington.
Buried: Lemmel was cremated, but her final resting place is unknown to us.
Daughter of a Methodist minister, Helen emigrated from England with her family to America when she was 12 years old. They first settled in Mississippi, then relocated to Wisconsin. She moved to Seattle in 1904, and for three years was music critic for the Seattle Post-Intelligencer.
While interviewing German singer Ernestine Schumann-Hein, Helen was persuaded to go to Europe. A gifted singer, she studied music in Germany for four years. Upon her return to America, she began giving concerts and traveling on the Chautauqua circuit.
Eventually, she became a vocal music teacher at the Moody Bible Institute in Chicago, Illinois. After retirement, she moved to Seattle, Washington, where she was a member of the Ballard Baptist Church. Among her works are a hymnal used by evangelist Billy Sunday for over a decade.
Lemmel and a women’s choral group she directed were part of Sunday’s group at the peak of his career. Source: hymnary.org
Related Worship Songs
May I ask for your support?
- SHARE. Sharing our content through Social Media will boost our traffic and can help more churches and worship leaders like you.
- SUBSCRIBE. Hit Like our Facebook page Let’s Worship.
- SIGN-UP. To receive periodic news report and updates from us, enroll to our mailing list.
- SPEAK OUT. Leave a comment below.
Looking for more songs? HIRE US! See About Us for more personal information about us. Let us create your line-up songs in slides with the same amount of 0.99/song (7-day time frame). Just MESSAGE us @email@example.com or @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here’s Your Free PowerPoint Download Link:
Let’s Worship! God bless your ministry.
All Scriptures are taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson. Used by permission. All rights reserved.